Simple Guidelines for an Effective Logo for your Business
Logos are the cornerstone of a business’s brand appearance and can tell a lot about the business itself. The quality of a logo can tell the customer how much their image (and customer judgment) really means to that business. A logo is considered as the forefront representative for a business.
For Designing a logo, primarily it should be:
- Easily Recognisable: If a person sees the logo for the first time, it should be captivating and the brand name is to be to visible. The brand should be popular enough so that the customer has the ability to buy that product.
- Simplicity: The logo shouldn’t be complex that it seems Greek and Latin for the customer. It should have some connection with the brand and product. When printed in small sizes, a complex design will lose detailand in some cases will look like a smudge or even worse, a mistake.
- Originality: The logo is the first impression that a customer will have on the brand. Thus it should not be copied and should be done totally out of creativity.
The easiest way to recognize a company and distinguish it from others is by its logo.
Thus the following are the mistakes made while creating it:
- Hiring amateur’s for creating logos will ruin the look of it and make things possibly worse.
- The designs should be done for the client rather than yourself. Stay focused on the client’s requirements by sticking to the brief.
- Poor choice of font will ruin the whole effect of the logo. When it comes to executing a logo, choosing the right font is the most important decisiona designer can make. More often than not, a logo fails because of a poor font choice (our example shows the infamous Comic Sans).
A logo should be memorable, and one of the best ways to make it memorable is to keep things simple. Look at the corporate identities of McDonald’s and Apple.
McDonald’s logo denotes the way of an eating joint and its original and realistic.
Apple’s logo might not convey what it requires but the other essentials like simplicity are fulfilled.
Thus all these are followed;
- our logo will be unique and memorable.
- You won’t run into any problems down the line reproducing it.
- Your logo will have a longer lifespan and won’t need to be redesigned in a couple of years.
- Your logo will look professional.
Ideally, your business logo enhances prospective customers and partners’ fundamental first impression of your business and studies have shown that people identify and relate to images a lot faster than text. In today’s realm of multimedia, this rings truer than ever.